Thursday, September 4, 2008

Our gardens










Mom wrote a nice tribute on her blog of when she came out to see us in May. It inspired me to post some pictures of our yard. With Autumn almost upon us, I am enjoying the last days of our garden. Mom was a great help to us in May planting lilies and annuals in our back yard. She hasn't been able to see the yard again and enjoy her hard work, so here are some photos. This last picture is of Frederick's pumpkin plant. It has been his pride and joy all summer, and just this past week, an aminal ate through it. He is so sad about it.

5 comments:

Mary Kate said...

I love the gardens! They are so pretty! Right now it is POURING at our house. In our garden all the mulch got swept away and our family room actually started to flood a little. But my dad just fixed it!
Love, Mary Kate

Deb said...

Maura and I are obsessed with you and your families blogs. I love being able to see pics of the kids and hear what's going on in your lives. Thanks to Greg for letting me in on the secret of the Pierce's blogspot!!!

teresa anthony said...

Your backyard is beautiful, Catherine.

I wrote to you on your Mom's blog - rather than repeat it, I'll send you over there.

Last summer when Max was four, his pumpkin plant was his pride and joy, too. I'm so sorry for Frederick's eaten plant.

We love you all,

Teresa

Lorrie and Fred said...

This garden tour is fabulous! Your Minnesota weather seems ideal for summer annuals. Thanks Catherine- I think one of these days a gardening magazine will be knocking on your door to feature your garden in an article! Love, Mom

The Schultz Family said...

Catherine, your gardens look like Lorrie's! (and everyone knows what a huge compliment that is.) Mark and I are rather fitful gardeners, sad to say. I think it's partly because we leave our home for big chunks of time in the summer. But seeing your place makes me inspired for next year!

Love you lots,

Cathy