Monday, August 11, 2008

Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt






The Bergs have this quote hanging by the front door of thier cabin, and I have always loved it. This bottom picture is of the dirt road that leads to their cabin, and it is always very exciting to see it after a long 4 hour car trip with the kids. They can recognize this road, and start shouting for joy when we make it here. I just wanted to share some shots of the sunsets on the lake, and the beauty of northern Minnesota.

5 comments:

teresa anthony said...

Ooooh, I'm in love.

Those pictures were so gorgeous.

Deep green woods, blue sky, blue lake, stunning pinks and oranges of a sunset - it that isn't a foretaste of heaven, I don't know what is.

Thanks for sharing, Catherine. I'm still hoping that one of these summers we'll visit you there.

Love, Teresa

The Schultz Family said...

What great pictures Cath! I also tend to try to capture gorgeous sunsets -- in fact I think I have 30 pictures of the sunset along the Pacific coast. But while wonderful, nothing matches the beauty of the actual moment.

I love the story of the boys gleefully recognizing the dirt road by their grandparents cabin. Family is pretty cool, ain't it? :)

Anonymous said...

i love these pix!! It reminds me of the Connor family place up in Maine! So neat for your kids to have...

Lorrie and Fred said...

Spectacular! Thanks for sharing these pictures Cath. I especially like the image of your boy's excitement as you take the dirt road to the cabin after a long journey. This was a treat!

Tarynn said...

Fantastic pics! We missed seeing you at the Carolyns wedding but it looks as though you have your hands full! I got your address from Lorrie and I look forward to reading your blogs, as well as other family members! I just created mine with nothing up yet, but I will get on that this week. LUV YA MISS YA! Tarynn