Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Jack or Jackeline?






Last week we enjoyed an evening at Lake Harriet with Fr. John. We got ice cream, and walked around the lake. We passed the beach area and let the boys out to play thinking they would just play in the sand. Of couse not. Within minutes they were both in the water, and Jack immersed himself completely. He was wearing long pants and a shirt and got completely soaked in minutes. So I was not prepared for them to swim and had no extra clothes. The only shirt I had was a onsie that belonged to Gemma. So Jack spend the rest of the night in a bright pink onsie. He has such a cute little face, I think everyone mistook him for a girl. He looked pretty cute.

3 comments:

our little brown life said...

Priceless Cath. Priceless.

teresa anthony said...

Catherine, I was cracking up reading this. Depending on whether Jack can handle teasing when he gets older - I predict this will enter the Berg family lore.

(I have one child who we respectfully do not tease, as they don't appreciate it, but several others that love the stories of goofy things they either did or happened to them.)

And your story brought back a time I got caught off guard by kid circumstances. Many years ago when John Paul was around 15-18 months, we were on the way to the pediatrician when he threw up in the car. As he had grown out of babyhood and into toddlerhood, I had gotten out of the habit of packing extra clothes for him in the diaper bag. After throwing together an eclectic mix of clothing that happened to be tossed around the van (the van is pretty messy), and realizing that we were now a good 5-10 minutes late, I helped Cecilia out of the van and realized that she had left her shoes that I had put by the door for her to grab, at home. With one kid still smelling of vomit and the other barefoot, I headed into the office hoping that someday I would think this was funny.

The Schultz Family said...

I love these family stories! This is a fabulous blackmail picture for the future, Catherine. And Teresa, it's "someday" now, and the rest of us sure find your story funny. Hopefully you do too. :)

Cathy