Thursday, July 17, 2008

Boy Bathroom


Our main floor bathroom is officially a 'boy bathroom'. The seat is always up, and I have to clean the seat almost everyday. The boys love to play in there too. Frederick makes bubbles and puts bubble mustaches on him and Jack. He also likes to bathe his animals in the bubbles. Jack also figured out how to make the bubbles too. But Jack doesn't know that you have to eventually turn off the water. The other day, I was doing the dishes and didn't hear the water running in the bathroom. Whenever I don't hear the boys, I know there is trouble. When I caught Jack in the bathroom, he was happily flooding the whole room. Luckily I caught it in time before it was a major problem.
Thank Heaven for little boys!!!!

4 comments:

Mary Kate said...

That is so cute! Rose flooded our bathroom once. Max and John Paul used to make huge messes in the bathroom too.

teresa anthony said...

Ha Ha Ha, great story about your boys.

What Mary Kate didn't elaborate on, is that this past winter Rose flooded the bathroom so badly that I had to rip up the carpet outside of the bathroom in the hall and run a fan on the foam lining under the carpet for a full day to dry it out.

...We were doing school, and yep, Rose had been VERY quiet for a long time.... I should have checked. :)

our little brown life said...

Great Cath. Love it. But did you have to mention that you clean it every day?! Just another reminder that I'll never have the energy that you do- you stinker you!
Love ya,
cal
ps- I guess to be fair I didn't run track in high school.

teresa anthony said...

Ha ha ha - I loved what you wrote Carolyn. I, too, have been feeling a bit guilty that despite ALSO having boys who forever "miss the mark", I wait to clean the bathroom until either a) company is coming or b) I've been complaining for four straight days that it stinks. I found myself telling Scott today, "you know, Catherine cleans her bathroom every day. I really need to do that too."

Keep setting the bar high Catherine!