Friday, April 3, 2009

Weekend with the Heils















































Wow! Where do I begin? We had the most incredible weekend with the Heils in St. Helena. It is the most beautiful town, and I could not get over the fact that Jen and Matthew are in walking distance to everything. Jen took me on a whirlwind tour, and we shared some amazing experiences together. Here are my highlights: lunch overlooking the valley, high tea at the Heil's friends estate ( I have never seen anything like this place - a taste of heaven), Mass at a Carmelite Monastary, a picnic in the vineyards(my personal favorite), lots of strolls with the girls, LOTS of delicous lattes, and Matthew's informative tours of the area. It was such fun. Thank you for the most wonderful weekend, Matthew, Jen, Lydia, and Alexandra! We love you and miss you already.
And the boys did great with Daddy. They had such a fun weekend together, and barely missed me. However, I really missed them, and was so glad to return to my whole family. I'm not going to lie though, I really miss the gorgeous weather in California.

4 comments:

The Schultz Family said...

Wow, I can almost FEEL the sunshine in these pictures. This is the time of the year that I wonder why everyone doesn't just live in California. Lucky Jen and Matt! The pictures of you and Jen, and of the three little girls are so cute. Thanks for sharing!

Love, Cathy

Jen Heil said...

Darling Kit-Cath:

Wow, what a weekend. It was such a blessing to have you and Gemma with us. We enjoyed every moment together-yes, a foretaste of heaven. Thanks for putting up with my uber-aggressive itinerary-that's how I roll. I can't wait to see you in couple weeks in PHL.
LOL,
jen x0x0x0

Zac said...

Great times! It looks like such fun! I want to visit CA now :)

Zac said...

BTW - this is Jacks, not Zachary, I do not know why it posts under his name......