Sunday, December 14, 2008

Only in the Minnesota

Yesterday was a beautiful winter day, 36 degrees, somewhat sunny... a perfect day for building a snowman and making snow angels. This morning it was still above freezing, and was actually raining! In the last 12 hours, the rain turned to sleet, then snow, and it went from 36 to -3. Tommorrow will be a high of 0, with a windshield of -30!! It is a serious winter storm outside, and we won't be leaving the house tommorrow or Tuesday. By Weds. I will be determined to get out of the house no matter what. It will also be the warmest day of the week at a high of 16 degrees. So, if it is warm where you are, please enjoy it, play outside or take a walk. I am not complaining. I really do love Minnesota, and my children love the winter. They are tough too, the cold doesn't really effect them. I just thought I would share the severity of change in weather the past couple of days. It is crazy!

5 comments:

Mary Kate said...

Wow that's cold! Our high for this week is 56 degrees, and that's today so we are taking advantage of it and cleaning our back yard out! I was watching the weather last night with my mom and dad and we saw the huge storm over in your direction. In Fargo North Dakota they could barely see, the wind was so strong and there was so much snow! (I'm just hoping for a white Christmas, we haven't had one in years!)
Love you guys,
Mary Kate

Anonymous said...

Wow. We've been watching the weather because RJ heads up there tomorrow for two days...he is NOT looking forward to the cold! one of his coworkers up there said that they've stopped icing the roads because it's too cold...yikes! So, he'll be up there with you during the worst of it! And i hate to say it, but Sharon and I are throroughly enjoying weather in the 60s! We spent today frolicking outside and hope to do so for at least a couple more days before it gets cold again...and i was thinking of you all as we played because i can't imagine being cooped inside! You've all got tough blood that's for sure! And we'll never get to make those kinds of snowmen....

Unknown said...

Brrr! My kids would love some snow though!
Rose and Martin are heading to NYC next week so maybe they will see some....

our little brown life said...

Cath- thanks for keeping it real on the blog- I love that you posted the weather details- you are sooo Minnesotan now! I am spoiled here in VA- I complain when it's below 40. We have had nice weather in the 50's and I contemplate whether or not I should take the kids out. I take our freedom for granted. But you my dear know full well the blessings of temperature and you will never ever take for granted a day above 40 degrees. So please rub off on me so I'll stop being a spoiled Virginian.
Love ya,
cal

Tarynn said...

We are about to get hit with our first snow storm tomorrow. We had a little dusting but nothing in need of shoveling. They already canceled the school for tomorrow so Shane is now officially on Christmas vacation till the 5th. Fun fun! Love the pictures!! Keep enjoying this great season!!