Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Enjoying the simples things of life






Hi everyone,
After all of our visiters last month, I am adjusting daily life on my own with the three kids. I realize that if I get out of the house for a few hours in the morning, I am a much nicer Mommy. So, today we went to Lake Normandale by our house in search for turtles and frogs. We never found a frog, but did spot a few turtles, and saw a few baby ducks. I love that my children remind me of the simple joys of life, and I love seeing their amazement in God's creations. Tom met us for a little picnic, which was such fun. The following pictures are from the lake and our backyard from this afternoon.

1 comment:

teresa anthony said...

Hey Catherine,

I know I haven't posted yet, but I check out your new blog every few days. We all LOVE seeing pictures of your beautiful family.

Mary Ann is also so good about getting out of the house and taking a walk every day. This lake is gorgeous. Can you actually walk there from your house?

For still being in the "adjustment " period - you're doing incredibly well!! I remember Linda told me years ago that she found that it took the whole family about 6 full months to adjust to a new child, whether that child came to them through birth or adoption. I found over the years that that's about right for us, too. Whenever the new little one is around 6 months old, I find that all systems seem ready to go again - for all of us.

We love you Catherine and Tom, Frederick, Jack and Gemma!